Here are 20 burning questions that won't let me rest until I know the answers. I'm sure I'll have many more very soon. Let me know what burning questions you have in the comments section below.
1. Why does Olivia allow so many random people into her home unsupervised? Let's see: there was her boyfriend's plaything Amanda Tanner, a bearded and un-bathed Huck, a depressed Quinn, and the White House staffer she sent to fetch her clothes after President Grant was shot. She doesn't strike me as someone who would be so trusting. Does that seem odd to anyone else?
2. Does Liv really keep pictures of herself and President Grant in her office? Um...I guess she's never heard the rules laid out in Naughty by Nature's "O.P.P."
|We can see you!|
4. Will Stephen ever come back? He seemed to be the most stable Gladiator (that's not saying much, I know), even with his womanizing ways. He offered a great balance for Olivia, and he knew how to handle her. He also would have been the best choice (sorry, Harrison) to act as her surrogate when she returned to the White House.
5. Where did Liv attend undergrad? I imagine the greatest school in all the land--HOWARD UNIVERSITY. It makes perfect sense, right?
6. What's Olivia's initial connection to Huck? Did she work for the CIA or FBI before her White House and OPA days? In episode 103, her rapist client asks who she works for now, and he lists those two agencies as options.
7. Did Fitz really buy Amanda Tanner the dog that she named Thomas Jefferson? He cleverly averted Olivia's question in season 1.
8. Speaking of Amanda...why did she act as though she didn't know who Olivia was the day she got ripped in the park? Is it possible that a former Sally Langston campaign volunteer turned White House aide had no idea about the Great Olivia Pope? They crossed paths in episode 106 when Amanda handed her a flyer during a joint Grant-Langston campaign event. Then, Olivia proceeded to decimate Sally's quest for president. Somebody, please help me with this one.
9. I know most of you aren't crazy about their relationship, but what's the low down on Olivia's and Edison's past? They were engaged and lived together at one point, but their interactions seem so dry compared to her and Fitz. Is it really love?
10. What was Billy Chambers's grudge against the Grant administration? Was it only about losing the campaign? He seemed to go through a great deal of trouble just to bring them down. Perhaps he was touched in the head.
|Fitz: Et tu, Billy?|
11. Is Cyrus still beefing with Livvy for getting it in with Fitz? He's way too invested in the President's sex life. Unrequited love, maybe?
12. Will someone practice new game face techniques with Quinn, please?! She got read by Harrison, Huck, and Gideon in one episode for not being able to keep a poker face while lying. Help this child! While they're at it, can Secret Service agents Tom and Hal join them? If those two aren't the snitching-est mofos on the planet!
14. In season 1, we learned that Olivia single-handedly broke the kneecaps of Abby's husband with a tire iron for abusing her. Will we get to see her beat somebody's ass on screen?
15. Does Fitz realize that his right-hand man Cyrus plays him like a harp? I'm a bit rusty on my Shakespearean tragedies, but their relationship feels a bit Othello-and-Iago-ish. I now feel the need to read all the assignments I skipped during a severe case of high school senioritis. My AP English teacher would be proud.
16. How many bones are buried in Cyrus's garden? He has admitted that he hates working in it, so why does he spend so much time playing in the dirt?
17. What is Quinn's super power? All the other Gladiators have one. Olivia relies on her gut. Harrison talks slick and possesses a strong audible memory (remember the black box recording from the plane crash in season 1?). Abby knows how to work her way around a crime scene. And Huck? Well...he has an affinity for technology and "whiskey." Aside from relieving Olivia of her guilty conscience, why is Quinn there?
18. Does Olivia pay the elevator operators in OPA's building to keep their mouths shut? They see almost everyone who comes and goes in the office. What keeps them from snitching?
19. Why doesn't Charlie take out Huck? He had the perfect chance when the B-613 spies had their family reunion. Why didn't he take advantage of it?
20. Who the hell is Olivia Carolyn Pope?! REALLY?!
In the Between Time
Over New Year's, I plan to watch all 16 episodes back to back while simultaneously writing new posts for this blog. Exciting!! I'm also working on my predictions for episode 210. I plan to share those in the week leading up to January 10th, so make sure you check back!
Tell your friends and family about this blog. Add it to your bookmarks. Subscribe to receive updates in your inbox. Follow us on Twitter @mySCANDALobsess. Like us on Facebook.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! See you in 2013!
All images courtesy of ABC